Monday, July 8, 2013

A Pintrest Epic Fail

As I've admitted many times before, I'm a mistress of Pintrest. With being the 4th of July weekend I really wanted to try something fun and yummy so I chose to go with  Baked Smore Bars by Rachel Schultz. I found this article while, yes, skimming Pintrest.

So here is my take on it. While yummy - just a plain mess. It wouldn't have been so bad if the crust wasn't so wet and actually covered the whole smore. The kids loved them.. not me.

Here is the recipe:

Baked Smores Bars
Serves 9 bars
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars
1 and 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into butter mixture.  (Here is where I begin to experience issues) Press half of dough into a greased 9×9 pan. (I can't seem to keep the dough in the greased pan nor off my fingers so I added a little flour to my tips and off we go. I'd recommend that.) Set chocolate bars on top. Spread marshmallow fluff over chocolate and top with remaining dough. (I don't know how she did it, really. I added more flour to the mixture, but was afraid to add to much. Her pictures are so pretty - shes a professional and I am not. I finally just smooshed the dough into squares and topped each one the best I could. Do you see my frustration as I ran out of dough?) 


The final product....




Fortunately, the kids loved the gooey mess. I hope you do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.