Oh Yeah!! I know what you are thinking!! GROOOOSSS. How can something that looks so freakin' good be so good for you? Well, according to me.. and the yummiest recipe ever from Bell Alimento (whose name even sounds yummy). Now she used Nutella for the middles, but since I was in a hurry and didn't have any on hand I used Milk Chocolate Hershey Kisses which are Gluten-Free instead. These were so great that my family had no idea that what they were eating was good for them!! OH YEA.... Super mom... thats me!!
The recipe is super easy (I made changes to it to fit my needs):
You will need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar (I actually substituted Stevia for sugar and they were still yummy)
1 large egg – beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Enough Hershey Milk Chocolate Kisses to have one for each cookie
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With your mixer add sugar (or Stevia), peanut butter, egg, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
3. Measure approx 1 tablespoon of dough. Roll dough into a ball and place onto cookie sheet. Gently press dough ball down using the palm of your hand. Continue forming balls until dough is gone. Space approx 1″ apart.
4. Bake for approx 8-10 minutes. CAREFULLY remove tray from oven. Press 1 kiss into the middle of each cookie. Return tray to oven and continue cooking for 2-4 minutes until golden.
5. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool before enjoying.
My family loved these. I actually gave them as goodies to my Secret Pal who needs Gluten-Free foods. She liked them too. If you want to see how Bell' Alimento used the Nutella to make hers then check out her site. It is gorgeous and filled wih many yummmy recipes. She even has a cookbook.
Thanks for visiting. I have tons more posts coming in the near future and so much more to fill you in on. Life has been busy! Have a great day!