Monday, November 14, 2011

Knittin' thats what I'm doin'

I am now able to add loom knitting to my long list of creative abilities!! My bff and I went yarn shopping the other day and we are now on a roll. To my pure pleasure we now have matching Knifty Knitter long looms!!! This is just to add to my collection of Knifty Knitter Circular Looms which I purchased the other day at Wal-Mart. So we bought a bunch of cool colors and textures, a couple books, and came home to loom around.
These looms take some working with, but once you get the hang of it.. watch out. I got so excited about yarn and loom knitting that I remembered a video I saw on upcycling old T-shirts and here it is ...
 

How awesome is that!! I have a huge bag of t-shirts in my garage from all 5 kiddos and went crazy. I have the kids cutting the shirts while they sit in from the rain! Now, I found that ribbed shirts do really work so well since they have the tendency to shrink back a bit. I made a hot pot pad out of the t-shirts and it is heavy and wonderful. I used the pink long loom to do this. I also made a hat and some flowers from the circular looms and am now working on a hat that as earflaps. I love this! So easy and fun!!

Just another set of projects I can work on in the house during, what is suppose to be, a horrible winter in Indiana! UGH!! At least if I get snowed in I know I will never run out of yarn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.