Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cake Pops Take 2

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! NEVER SURRENDER!! Or so I am saying right now.
I decided to give the cake pops another try. Can you guess how it went? This time I decided NOT to make my own powder sugar icing and just go with the store bought stuff.  I made the cake per the directions. Allowed it to cool over night. Crumbled it into a bowl and added half of the container of icing. It came out much better, but still a little too sticky, I think.
I made my balls using a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon. I admit I wasn't right on all the time so some are bigger than others. I wanted to see how large I could go and still keep them on the stick.
I melted the almond bark in a double broiler and added some solid vegetable shortening to thin it out. I'm still thinking I should have added a little more. I think that the chocolate was too heavy and that is part of the reason the sticks kept falling out of the cake balls.


I am happy to report that I was able to get a few to stay on the sticks. While they are not pretty they are doing what they were meant to do! I'm feeling positive about the next try - you know what they say "Third times the charm". That rings true with cake pops, too, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.