Saturday, April 2, 2011

Goooood Foood

Wanted to share with you all this morning two really great things. The first is what I had for dinner last night. Yummmmy.. Collard greens. Not only are these chalked full of good for you vitamins and minerals but it taste delicious when cooked right. So, I am going to give you my tips for making the best greens. The only real calories are the Eckerich sausages. I used the Beef Sausage - Skinless one.
Mmmm.. Collard Greens
Jody's Greens
1 bag Collard Greens - put them in a collandar and rinse them well.  Bring 1 cup of water to a simmer and then add the collards. Put a lid on it so that they can steam. Allow to steam until they turn bright green. Run through collander and set aside. In the same pot saute 1 diced red onion and 2 Eckrich Smoked Sausage links also diced. Saute til onion is clear and sausage is browned then add in steamed collard greens. Mix and serve. 



The other wild food moment in my home was that my little star has fallen in love with oatmeal. Not the sugar ladden instant kind, but the rolled oats kind. I am so excited that she asks for it for breakfast that I throw a little dance into making it to! What a wonderful thing! That she likes oatmeal, not my dance. Although, I have to admit - I bring it!
She was only too thrilled to share her oatmeal with us all. =)


So there it was, my great day! Date night is tonight and I can't wait to take pics of that. We are going to the last MadAnts game which they will hopefully win (they have lost everyone I have been to) and to Chipotle for dinner. If you've never been to one, I highly recommend you check it out. They only have the BEST mexican food eva!! Oh yes, I said, EVA!!

Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.