Thursday, March 17, 2011

Its been a bit

Sorry for the long delay between blogs so much has happened. My DH received a much deserved promotion so I am in the business of making him a little party for it next weekened. Next week is our spring break and I'm trying to think of things for us to do that are free and fun for the whole crowd. I have been busy sewing, again, and am super excited about what I've done.
Stella got a new dress - this is the first time I've ever done a collar and I'm not that confident about sleeves but here it is. I used Simplicity pattern 9458A.
The sleeves and collar scared the heck out of me, but I've decided to make 3 or 4 more of the same style so that I can become more comfortable with it. Practice makes perfect, right?

She loved it so much she did a little dance around the house. She was so silly. My DH had her saying Cheddar cheese for the pictures. Thats her new Zhu Zhu puppy that she goes everywhere with.

Next I got a wild hair and made my first Hobo purse. I bought it as a prepackaged deal at Wal-mart, but think I'm going to make them for all the ladies I know as Christmas presents!


OK, LOVE the purse!! Can't wait to make another. I have to swing by the store and get stuff to make a Chocolate-covered Oreo Cookie Cake for my DH's crew since its his last days with them. They were expecting it tomorrow, but I'm making it for him to take tonight.
Well, my pledge to you is that my next entry won't be in 15 days, but I will begin posting every 1-2 days.

Have a great St. Patricks Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.