Thursday, March 31, 2011

In Memory of Singer Simple circa 2007

It is a bittersweet day in my house today. My very special Singer Simple has malfunctioned and now refuses to work. I think it is because I've been doing so much sewing these last few months and it just wasn't made to do things like quilts. I was so depressed that it wasn't working that I posted this picture and even shed a small tear and then alerted all my Facebook friends about my loss. Kind words were said. It was very sweet.

Just when I thought my whole therapy session would be about my poor sewing machine, I got a call from my MIL about a sewing machine she acquired from her mother that she wasn't using. The next evening she came with this! A Singer 319 from 1956. It is in mint condition, gorgeous green, and just plain beautiful. I was so excited I spent the entire evening reading the manual so that I would use it correctly from the get go. Wednesday morning I rose early to get working and found that the bobbin that was in the machine was the wrong size. I found them on Ebay easily and ordered a bunch. I can't wait for them to get here.
The other thing that happened this week was that I got a personal trainer at the YMCA in my area. I am so excited that I will be meeting with her on Monday's and Thursday's through the month of April. I still hurt from working with her on Tuesday! It feels great to have someone that will push into fitness. I can't wait. I will take before pics on Monday, April 4th, and then after pics on April 28th. I hope to have some pics taken of me actually working out. My goal is to be ready for the 5k on June 11th. I'm confident.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.